I-9 | Employment Eligibility Verification Services
I-9 collection, management, and storage no longer require manual, time-consuming, expensive processes thanks to our popular employment screening services.
Sterling can provide you with a simple and easy to use employment eligibility verification system that allows you to benefit from the elimination of the administrative hassles of completing, organizing, and maintaining I-9 forms.
In April 2005, the US Government modified its laws and regulations regarding electronic completion of federal documents, paving the way for Sterling's streamlined digital process when it comes to employment background screening. Once the employment data is collected, the I-9 is automatically populated, electronically signed, flattened and encrypted performing a background check operation. Employee background check data is then available for further processing and can be accessed at any time. The end result is a legible and compliant I-9, which is easy to store and retrieve.
In addition to the benefits of completing the I-9 employment background screening feature electronically, Sterling's employment eligibility verification system also allows employers to efficiently verify the employment eligibility of new employees via the Department of Homeland Security's Employment Eligibility Verification program. This program permits employers to electronically verify the eligibility of new employees to work in the United States, through government sources, in turn reducing the risk of fines and penalties for employing illegal aliens - all forming a part of employment background screening services.
- Cost savings due to reduced paper, filing cabinets, microfilm, etc.
- All I-9s completed correctly and compliantly fewer errors.
- Easily search signed I-9s from your desktop and view all modifications through an Audit Report.
- Consistent, centralized, documented, and compliant processes across all locations.
- Proactively enforce correct combination of documents accepted for I-9 verification (List A, or List B & List C).
Social Security Trace / Address Locator Report
Sterling Infosystems has the capability to verify social security numbers post-hire via the I-9 Verification process. Sterling can conduct a Social Security Number Trace as a means to locate additional addresses and aliases instantaneously through ScreeningDirect.
ScreeningDirect can be set up to automatically conduct criminal background checks based on the address history provided by the social security trace. It is Sterling Infosystems recommendation that our clients conduct a criminal conviction history search utilizing all addresses derived from the Social Security Trace representing the applicant’s residences for the prior 7-years. This measure would prevent the applicant from concealing previous addresses for the purpose of concealing a criminal record.
The information also indicates characteristics and / or irregularities such as:
- Numbers issued to mail box numbers or telephone answering services addresses
- Date of issuance and expiration, which may reflect fraudulent use. An expired number may denote that the original recipient is deceased
- The current and other known or previous addresses associated with that SSN
- Other names used by the individual
* Powered by Form I9 Compliance LLC